Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Saturday Bath--a soapy hodgepodge

It's been a long time since I did a Saturday Bath post! But it's not for lack of soap around here. It's been a little hard keeping up with my inventory at the farmer's market at times so I haven't been good about giving my soaps proper photo sessions. But here is a sampling: Australian Bamboo Grass, with parsley, cocoa, and green oxide-- Raspberry Porter, that contains a few alarming faces. This one reminds me of The Scream painting. Black Raspberry-Vanilla with a purple-black swirl--

I call this one Summer Berry Punch. The colors came out so zippy! I know that fall is quickly approaching, but the first batch went so fast that I think this one will be just as popular when it's cured.
And finally, my newest favorite technique--the wispy swirl, I call it. When I can keep the soap to a thin trace, it comes out beautifully!

8 comments:

  1. Good to see your soaps again,Amy! They are gorgeous,the last one really pops and that green is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--the last one is my favorite, too. I named it South Pacific and I think it has an ocean look.

      Delete
  2. Such pretty soaps, I'm glad you're doing so well at the farmer's market. I love the colors in the Summer Berry Punch, I can imagine how good it smells just from the colors! I love the flecks of parsley in the first soap too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cee Gee! I'm only a little more than halfway through the market season but it's been an adventure. :)

      Delete
  3. Love all of them, Amy, especially the 1st one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JESSIE! Nice to hear from you! We haven't chatted in awhile (my fault!); I hope you're well!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous, Amy! I love them all. I especially like the purple-and-black swirls in the Black Raspberry and Vanilla. I hear that's such a wonderful fragrance - I'll have to give it a try someday. And congrats on your success at the farmer's market! It sounds like your soaps are selling very well there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jenny--you really should give BRV a whirl. I was late to the party, too. I tried it first from a supplier that's no longer in business and I thought it was nice enough, but last year I tried NG's version....(happy sigh)...it reminds me of a cremesaver candy.

      Delete